Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Pictures!!!

Finally, I can post.   :)

First, my kanzashi!  I plan to make some more tonight, so much fun, and so fast!


I finally started working on my basket weave afghan again!


I tried a new Shortbread Brownie Bar recipe.  Sadly, they didn't wow me, but I do expect a lot out of my desserts.  I felt that they were too plain, but maybe this recipe from Picky Palate would be better.  I'll give it a try sometime around Halloween.  :)








I also tried Fettucine with Sausage and Sage from Our Life in the Kitchen.  I loved the recipe, but the recipe calls for one cup of white wine to deglaze the pan after cooking, and I used the whole cup where I think I was supposed to use only enough to deglaze the pan?  In any case, the wine taste was a bit too strong for me.  If I try it again I'll keep that in mind.  (Actually, as I was visiting their page to link it to my post, I found a recipe for Sausage, Red Pepper, and Cream Cheese Casserole that looks amazing!  I'll definitely be giving that a try next.)




I also tried Pioneer Woman's White Chicken Enchilada recipe!  Loved loved loved everything about it, except the tortillas got a little soggy and mushy in the casserole dish, maybe I didn't drain them well enough after frying them.  Still delicious though!





Look at that deliciousness!


And finally, the perfect summer dessert.  I picked up some fresh strawberries at the grocery store, and together with Cool Whip and some poundcake have been enjoying a delicious, cool dessert of strawberry shortcake.  Pretty much every night.  :)


See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment