Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Sewing in a Straight Line

I set aside my latest knitting project for a while and decided to try something that I've wanted to do for a VERY long time.  

Like my skirt...?


Beeeecause...  I made it!!!


All on my own, in a single evening, with the help of Brett Bara's fabulous Sewing in a Straight Line.  
Her book is beyond easy to understand, and the projects are clothes that I can actually see myself making and wearing.  Some that I'm definitely planning on making include two great skirts (one of which I made tonight!), a cardigan, a dress, and some cute home decor and gift projects.  

I can't tell you how accomplished I feel!  I'm totally wearing my new skirt tomorrow.  :)





:)

2 comments:

  1. So cute Mallory!!! You are so talented and creative. Im always so amazed when i see your posts! I'm so hooked on sewing now, I need to get some tips from you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sewing is so much fun, we'll have to share ideas! :)

    ReplyDelete