Monday, January 30, 2012

Cooking with Pinterest

I finally put my pinterest to use again last night and used two of the recipes that I've pinned and tried before.  So maybe it doesn't count, but I still store the recipes on pinterest and go back to reference them when necessary.

First, my new favorite.  

I adapted this Melted Fontina recipe from Barefoot Contessa to suit my needs.  Obviously, I don't need a serving for 4-6, so instead, I diced enough fontina into small cubes to fill a small ramekin, then drizzled olive oil, and sprinkled salt and pepper over the top.  I set it under the broiler until it was bubbly and just starting to brown.  Then I popped it in the microwave to keep warm while I toasted the French baguette. You could easily halve or double this recipe depending on the number of guests, and it'll definitely be a crowd pleaser.  :)

Verdict: YUM!!!


While the fontina was melting, I had pasta boiling on the stove and this skinny marinara simmering.  I can't say enough good things about this marinara--it's delicious--and when I'm done eating I feel pleasantly full rather than overstuffed (which is how I usually end meals that involve anything Italian).


Yours in calories,
M.

No comments:

Post a Comment