Friday, February 19, 2010

Blue Jean Day at Bryant High

I love blue jean day. It just adds that little extra something to Fridays, makes it comfier, more exciting, a better end to the school week. Not to mention, I get to wear more comfortable shoes. :)

Last night I went to An Evening with Neil Gaiman at the Bama Theatre. I met my cooperating teacher, her husband, and her father in the lobby and sat with them. I've never been to an author reading before, so I didn't know exactly what to expect, but it was so much fun!!! Neil Gaiman is a witty, wonderful speaker (and the faint British accent doesn't hurt). I've only read one of his novels, Stardust, but I fully intend to find some more of his works, especially his short stories. He read a few of his newer works to the audience, they were hilarious and goofy and wistful and slightly disturbing all at the same time. He also answered questions that had been handed in at the beginning of the reading, it was fascinating to hear what he had to say off the top of his head.

I'm also going to keep an eye out for more events at the Bama Theatre, it reminded me a lot of the Alabama Theatre in Birmingham, and that's one of my favorite places in the world. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment