Monday, June 14, 2010

Resume Building or Character Building?

Or maybe a little (lot) of both.  I do love my summer job, but I'm entirely too type A sometimes.  I'm totally okay with going with the flow when it comes to schedules switching around, but I cannot STAND grownups whose every thought changes as the wind blows.  This is the curse of the overachiever.  Also, the supply closet bothers me.  I have 6 Leapfrog pads, and only one charger.  Those numbers don't jive.  So it looks like I'll be picking up some batteries tomorrow afternoon.  

That said, I'm having a great time with the kids, and hopefully it'll be something that principals will be interested in when they read my resume.  I'm also finding it really interesting to see the progression of reading levels.  I'm teaching K-7 Reading, and I think this experience will be very helpful to me when I begin teaching high school English.  One of the main concerns in secondary education today centers around students not being able to read on grade level.  Hopefully some observation of the process from the very beginning will give me some insights that will be helpful as I begin teaching.  

I went over to C's house this evening and helped her with a colorguard routine.  She did me a huge favor by taking over the Southeastern Music Camp after I had to pull out, so I want to help her out as much as I can.  We had a blast, but the mosquitoes got after me.  I seem to be one of their favorite treats.  

No comments:

Post a Comment