Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Hot Pink Dreams


I rebelled against the readings last night and got creative. :)  It's been so long since I've been able to sew anything that I decided to make a spur of the moment mini-quilt.  I've wanted to try making a doll quilt for a while now, so I hauled out a few sewing supplies and got started.  




I paper pieced each of the blocks (found the pattern online for free) and used up scraps from a bright, fun kids quilt that I made a year or two ago.  












I was so happy with it, right up until I decided that I didn't want to get out the other (heavier) sewing machine to quilt it and decided to try zipping a few lines of quilting over the top with the regular quarter inch foot.  Quilt in haste, repent at leisure.  It was so sad.  My pretty, brightly colored blocks are now a bit wonky and crooked looking.  If I were a better, more conscientious craftswoman I would pick out every single stitch and redo it until it was perfect!  No crooked, sad little project would leave my workstation, no way!  




Alas, I am not that craftswoman.  So instead, I'll send it to someone that I know will love it, crooked, misbegotten seams and all.  

I'll whip on a binding and send it to E (since she was so appreciative of her teddy bear, sweet girl!) and she can use it for a little doll (or bear) quilt.  

In other news, some guy came around my apartment trying to sell magazine prescriptions this afternoon, and while I'm sure he truly was a hard working student with dreams of traveling to Italy, I was cold of heart enough to turn him down.  I dislike being disturbed in my fortress of solitude.  

No comments:

Post a Comment